Anti-Valentine’s Day ideas
Are you over the whole “Valentine’s Day thing”? Maybe you’re single and slightly bitter (I’ve been there!), or maybe the whole puffy red hearts and chocolate thing just doesn’t suit you, but either way, there are plenty of other ways to have fun on what can otherwise be a painful or boring day:
- Throw a party with all of your single friends and everyone has to wear black. Take lots of fun, anti-Valentine’s Day pictures.
- Make an anti-love playlist full of songs about broken hearts and witty insults. Play it at top volume.
- Have a girls night, where you give each other manicures and create fun, new hairstyles. Play movies in the background that don’t have happy endings.
- Get your guys together for a night of action flicks. Bonus points if there’s no love story to be found in those movies.
- Make anti-Valentine’s Day cards. The wittier and more sarcastic, the better.
- Go to a used bookstore and draw mustaches on the covers of all the romance novels.
- Build a catapult to launch dollar store teddy bears across your living room.
- Tweet your funniest quips and use the hashtag #antivalentinesday
- Go to a fun restaurant with your bestie and order “jerk chicken.”
What are your fun anti-Valentine’s Day ideas?
AquaStone316 on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 8:25 pm
Just pretend that Valentine’s Day did’nt happen at all this year.