+ Reply to Thread

Default is kik safe for teens

just wondering

Mr.Smooth

Yes

Depends. I use KIK and it seems like 98% of the people who ask for my KIK are pedophiles or just general perverts. A teenager who has self control and is semi-intelligent will find it to be it is a safe and fun app to use. On the other end; if they have poor self control then it becomes on of the easiest ways for pedos to manipulate them into exposing themselves or giving into blackmail.

It all comes down to how well you raise your kids, and what you have taught them. Teach them self respect and control as well as safety online and off; That is how they will be safe.
    Rather be poor and loved✌than rich and lonely
    http://www.teenspot.com/boards/showt...ctly-Imperfect

Its as safe as you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Its_Eldarya View Post
    Depends. I use KIK and it seems like 98% of the people who ask for my KIK are pedophiles or just general perverts. A teenager who has self control and is semi-intelligent will find it to be it is a safe and fun app to use. On the other end; if they have poor self control then it becomes on of the easiest ways for pedos to manipulate them into exposing themselves or giving into blackmail.

It all comes down to how well you raise your kids, and what you have taught them. Teach them self respect and control as well as safety online and off; That is how they will be safe.
    This. Kik is as safe as snapchat is.