+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *GIRLS ONLY*

Default *GIRLS ONLY*

So everytime I get my period the first two days are extremely heavy, like to the point where a super tampons only lasts for a couple periods at school. When I sleep, no matter how much protection I use, it always leaks! Does anyone have advice on how to protect better against leakage at nights? Or make it lighter? I play water polo for 3 hours everyday so it's not lack of excersize...

Also, does anyone use a menstrual cup? What are your experiences with them?

Thanks! xxx

It's probably AIDS.

That's disgusting.
    Your heart is a muscle the size of your fist.
    Keep on loving, keep on fighting, and hold on for your life.
    http://ultimate-steve.tumblr.com/

Going bass to mouth TheDisintegrators's Avatar

What has been read can not be unread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerosphere View Post
    hi
    ~insert an andy sure thing pick up line~

You probably would have got no male posters if you didn't demand for girls only xD
    █ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███ This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 3911, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

Well, first of all its not really a great idea to sleep with a tampon in. They do make these like maxi gimondo pads that go from the front of your underwear all the way to like your back. They are heavy duty like diapers. I used to have a wicked heavy period too and I used to used them. Then I got on BC to help and now my period is soooo light. I usually only have to wear liners and I have 2 "moderate" days where I can wear a regular tampon for about 8 hours before changing it.

TMI?

Sorry boys

If you just started getting your period within the last year or two, that's likely normal. I suggest seeing a doctor about it, either way. Also, Always Maxi Overnights are gigantic, so you might like those.
    ôLost love is still love, Eddie. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it." -The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Registered User XxHeroinAndFirexX's Avatar

you should NEVER sleep with a tampon in.
    my periods were never heavy so I just asked my friend what she does (hers are SUPER heavy for 4 days) and you know what she said she does??
    She buys like them old people diapers to wear to bed. LOL. she said it beats having to wash your sheets every day on your period. hahahhaa. So i guess give that a try?

Seriously though it's probably AIDS.

There's ways to physically regulate your periods... Get on BC, or there is a herb called 'Maca Root'; it helps balance out your hormones and make you more regular.

And the Maxi overnight is really all you can do. Don't sleep with tampons in, that is just asking for TSS. And if that still doesn't help, put a towel down to protect your sheets.
    "I've always felt that Chevrolet made
    Camaro rear ends especially awesome,
    so that Mustangs will always have something
    nice to look at"

If you're looking for some fun...

Okay this has just turned into TMI
    █ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███ This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 3911, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by JansonReborn View Post
    Okay this has just turned into TMI
    This is for girls' eyes only! Get out!!

ôLost love is still love, Eddie. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it." -The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Monster

[SIZE=4]hey it said girls only we weren't asking for guys to read about our periods

Quote Originally Posted by XxHeroinAndFirexX View Post
    you should NEVER sleep with a tampon in.
    Why shouldn't girls sleep with tampons in babe?

Quote Originally Posted by TheChincster View Post
    Why shouldn't girls sleep with tampons in babe?
    It increases the likelihood that it will be worn for more than 8 hours, which thus ups the odds of contracting Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Registered User MatchesAndIgnition's Avatar

If you're old enough, you may want to think about asking your parents/doctor about birth control. It's great for issues like this.

If you don't want to go that route, as previously posted, Kotex and Always have some very large pads you can wear for overnights. And for school, there's not much you can do but keep changing it. It's very normal to have a heavy period. In my (and my friends') experience, it lightens as you get older, and your body matures. I had a similar problem before birth control, but I resorted to ultra super tampons and used a regular pad as backup in case of leaks during class, work. They last a decent amount of time, but if you're not sexually active, they can hurt like a whore to put in at first, so you want to be careful with them. I was a fan of OB or OP (the non-applicator tampons--you can put multiple in your pocket without anyone noticing) and Playtex Gentle Glide.

But it will get better For almost the first six months of my period, I had to sleep with a garbage bag around my waist like a diaper because I leaked so much. Problems like this do occur, but we can only ride them out.

Eat healthly, dont dirnk lots of caffine, drink water, exersice alot as this will help reduce it and also make sure your not too hot or cold as this can make it heavier.. in time it will getless heavy, but i have the implant in and i dotn get periods.