+ Reply to Thread

Default Anyone out there just as annoyed with atheists as with christians?

Between these two groups, they drive everyone on my college campus nuts, with their constant proselytizing, preaching, etc.

They thrive on showing disrespect to each other, and they are insanely mad about recruiting numbers; atheists will especially deny this, but they seem to be obsessed with having larger numbers than the christians.

Atheists and Christians are the two most smug, self-righteous groups on the planet. aren't they truly a match made in heaven? (no pun intended)

I am not a christian nor atheist, and find both groups to be extremely vapid, obtuse, and just downright irritating.

oh well. at least christians for the most part only exist in deep southern towns, and atheists mostly live on the internet, not in reality.
    "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day; Teach a man to fish...and you ruin a great business opportunity."

--Karl Marx

It doesn't mean you're sexy just because you take your top off. It just means the people around you have low standards.

in the end, its all nice Headcase-'s Avatar

You could make that assumption generally, but please don't lump us all together.
    There are plenty of Christians out there who live their life by their personal beliefs in regard to religion, and have complete respect for even completely opposing beliefs.
    Likewise, there are plenty of atheists out there who do the same.

Really, the complaint should be against loud-mouthed assholes who believe that no way outside of their own is correct.
    You can feel firm and confident about your personal religions beliefs (or lackthereof) without being a smug fuck.
    i know the kid with his guitar, so drunk and anxious has been
    done to death, but tell me what hasn't, i'll try it.
    because i'm selfish enough to wanna get better, but i'm
    backwards enough not to take any steps to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Headcase- View Post
    You could make that assumption generally, but please don't lump us all together.
    But why can't I lump you all together? you guys all believe in equally stupid shit
    "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day; Teach a man to fish...and you ruin a great business opportunity."

--Karl Marx

It doesn't mean you're sexy just because you take your top off. It just means the people around you have low standards.

in the end, its all nice Headcase-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaya_Zvezda View Post
    But why can't I lump you all together? you guys all believe in equally stupid shit
    Well, that's your opinion.
    Comparing what Christians believe to what atheists believe is pretty fuckin' stupid; that's MY opinion, but I don't bother telling people that until they make annoying message board posts ranting about how much they hate religious ranting.
    i know the kid with his guitar, so drunk and anxious has been
    done to death, but tell me what hasn't, i'll try it.
    because i'm selfish enough to wanna get better, but i'm
    backwards enough not to take any steps to get there.

^ I find it funny how you get annoyed with these two groups showing disrespect to each other, yet you obviously have no issue showing disrespect to them. Just an observation. Also dated an athiest for a year and a half, so you know, haha.

While you make huge generalizations, there's some truth behind them. You have your radicals in every group of people that will eventually set what people think of for the entire group in stone. It's not because everyone in the group is like that, it's just because the ones who are the most outspoken. That goes for every group.
    "It might not be a lot but I feel like I'm making the most."

generalizing everyone in that way is exactly what the people you're complaining about do. i am a christian and engaged to an atheist, we get along just fine; we don't shove our beliefs down each others throats and are respectful of each other. we plan to let our kid choose what he/she wishes to believe in as well.
    stuff and things.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaya_Zvezda View Post
    What does an atheist, by definition, believe in?

Quote Originally Posted by I_Am_Once_Was View Post
    What does an atheist, by definition, believe in?
    they believe in a philosophy that stipulates there is no god.

You're thinking of "non-theists". I.e, the ones with passive ignorance of religion, the ones who simply lack belief.

--Karl Marx