+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Best Truck.

Blah The Best Truck.

~Okay so yes I am a girl. But I have learned that sometimes I know more about cars and trucks than some guys in this world because I grew up working beside my uncle on them. I love the smell of gasoline. I even told my bus driver to pull over because the anti freeze was leaking and she asked how I knew I said because I can smell it. She said it has a smell? I said if you have worked with it, you know it. So yes before any of you sexist trolls begin on this read it and weep.~

I think Ford and Chevy are the best trucks. I do not prefer one over the other. Even though my dream truck is a Ford I do really love Chevy's. They are both American which is great, I believe in American trucks. Other countries just don't make trucks as well as America. I have other opinions on smaller cars though. Dodge sucks. Every Dodge that has been owned by my family has broken down, the engine has completely blown, or caught on fire and yes we did regular maintenance on it.Ford and Chevy kind of girl<3

Add me if you want to talk more about cars. The only Dodge I do like is the Charger .

Tatra trucks are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinlove376 View Post
    ~Okay so yes I am a girl. But I have learned that sometimes I know more about cars and trucks than some guys in this world because I grew up working beside my uncle on them. I love the smell of gasoline. I even told my bus driver to pull over because the anti freeze was leaking and she asked how I knew I said because I can smell it. She said it has a smell? I said if you have worked with it, you know it. So yes before any of you sexist trolls begin on this read it and weep.~

I think Ford and Chevy are the best trucks. I do not prefer one over the other. Even though my dream truck is a Ford I do really love Chevy's. They are both American which is great, I believe in American trucks. Other countries just don't make trucks as well as America. I have other opinions on smaller cars though. Dodge sucks. Every Dodge that has been owned by my family has broken down, the engine has completely blown, or caught on fire and yes we did regular maintenance on it.Ford and Chevy kind of girl<3

Add me if you want to talk more about cars. The only Dodge I do like is the Charger .
    I really don't think it was all that necessary to state that you are a girl... It doesn't quite add purpose to the question, that looks like hopes to an invite to the 'OHMYGAWD, you're a girl and you like cars' comment from all the guys about to respond to this thread and satisfy your need for compliments. Not to be rude, but if you do this a lot you will get ridiculed about it at some point, so I might as well do it now, considering I will be nicer about it then most.

As far as trucks go, it depends on whether you are talking about diesel or not, and what you are using them for... 'Trucks' is a bit of a broad statement.. Everyone has their own opinion, but for me it's kind of a Duramax or Cummins or go home kind of deal. I've driven, ridden, towed with and worked on PLENTY of PowerChokes as well as Duramax and Cummins, and I must say... I am not impressed with the truck Ford brought forth.
    "I've always felt that Chevrolet made
    Camaro rear ends especially awesome,
    so that Mustangs will always have something
    nice to look at"

If you're looking for some fun...

For gas trucks I like Chevy and for diesel I like Fords. And yes, at least where I live it is necessary to state you are a girl because you will get bashed more for that.

For gas trucks I like Chevy and for diesel I like Fords. And yes, at least where I live it is necessary to state you are a girl because you will get bashed more for that.
    It's not just where you live, it's everywhere. Female mechanics are looked down on everywhere. You just have to kind of ignore the fact you're a girl and let your knowledge do the talking.. Guys often shut up once they realize you do know your shit. But I was just saying in a situation such as this, it's not as necessary.. You won't get too much shit on this site, thankfully.

And I agree with the gas trucks, but I have to admit I've seen some pretty insane dodges. And they have pretty indestructible blocks, which I like. I have a friend with a white Dakota with a 70+ (Not sure EXACTLY what the trim is..) trim turbo pushing 30 pounds on a stock bottom end... That little truck runs low tens here at the strip. And they are just as easy to work on as Chevy. But I've always been a dodge and Chevy person, Ford has never impressed me with, well, pretty much anything they have made... And I notice they are a BIT overpriced.
    nice to look at"

See the reason I don't trust Dodge is because every Dodge we have owned ended up breaking down. The van the axel broke and the block cracked. The car the engine completely overheated and me, my dad, my uncle, and many mechanics couldn't figure out what was going on. We tryed coolant, anti freeze, water; until it just caught on fire and my dad said screw it. But we have a 96' Ford Explorer that we got for free from our neighbor and it was sitting in his yard for years. All that was really wrong on it was spark plugs, the tires were dry rotted, and one door is a messed up from them having to jig it open. Other than that it runs great even on gas, we get about 25 mpg and it's a 8 cylinder. We have a cloth filter on it because yea it is more expensive but it saves money in the long run. The only real problem we are having is finding some good tires and a good price because people just run on them until they are bald now. So me and him are going to the pull a part in a few weeks to see what we can salvage when we are there for it.

See the reason I don't trust Dodge is because every Dodge we have owned ended up breaking down. The van the axel broke and the block cracked. The car the engine completely overheated and me, my dad, my uncle, and many mechanics couldn't figure out what was going on. We tryed coolant, anti freeze, water; until it just caught on fire and my dad said screw it. But we have a 96' Ford Explorer that we got for free from our neighbor and it was sitting in his yard for years. All that was really wrong on it was spark plugs, the tires were dry rotted, and one door is a messed up from them having to jig it open. Other than that it runs great even on gas, we get about 25 mpg and it's a 8 cylinder. We have a cloth filter on it because yea it is more expensive but it saves money in the long run. The only real problem we are having is finding some good tires and a good price because people just run on them until they are bald now. So me and him are going to the pull a part in a few weeks to see what we can salvage when we are there for it.
    I completely understand that. That is the reason I don't like Ford: I have never owned a decent one. And with the Dodges, maybe you just had bad seeds. The thing I've learned is that all cars will have it's issues, no matter the make. With all the moving parts in a car that move simultaneously, it's really easy to mess things up. And even if YOU did routine maintenance and kept care of the car, who knows how the person before you cared for it, you know? It's really easy to overlook something, with all the maintenance a car requires. They all need love

And no matter what, EVERY car is fixable. I have always been a fan of the 'Mind of the machine' theory you see in the movie I-Robots... I truly believe it. Cars talk, you just need to be able to take the time to listen.
    nice to look at"

patriotic to the american flag is see
    but a toyota hilux is a solid truck

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro_91_00 View Post
    I completely understand that. That is the reason I don't like Ford: I have never owned a decent one. And with the Dodges, maybe you just had bad seeds. The thing I've learned is that all cars will have it's issues, no matter the make. With all the moving parts in a car that move simultaneously, it's really easy to mess things up. And even if YOU did routine maintenance and kept care of the car, who knows how the person before you cared for it, you know? It's really easy to overlook something, with all the maintenance a car requires. They all need love

And no matter what, EVERY car is fixable. I have always been a fan of the 'Mind of the machine' theory you see in the movie I-Robots... I truly believe it. Cars talk, you just need to be able to take the time to listen.
    That is true Like I said I told my bus driver to pull the bus over or she was going to blow that engine. Yea we got stuck there for 30 minutes until a sub bus came and got us but it was better than having to replace it and possibly harming us if it overheated and caught on fire like one of our cars did. Also every person has the right to their opinions, that is why I respect it. I don't see why people get in huge fights over which car is better. It is pointless. Heck I do want to own one Dodge, the Charger. I am in love with that car. I want a green Charger. I red Mustang and a Black Camaro. Just to show everyone that hey yea, they are cars, nice cars. They run basically the same way. But I also want to get a Ford Dualy and then just a nice Chevy. Lol I will only be able to get all those if I win the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro_91_00 View Post
    Ford has never impressed me with, well, pretty much anything they have made... And I notice they are a BIT overpriced.
    This I have to disagree, my boy's family are mustang enthusiasts and they have some meannn Mustangs. I run an 04 sixxer Mustang myself with Shorty headers, True duals, cold air intake, and a VMP chip and it's got a nice launch with a 5.8 0-60 and that's with it being automatic. Soon to swap the tranny for a stick.

Onto the post, As he said above, I've seen some mean Dodges and most Dodges are a LOT more reliable than Ford. Can't side with a Chevy truck though, except for maybe a nice little S-10.

Banned User

fuckin ford bronco II is a beast, 240xxx miles and still going

Quote Originally Posted by E-Roll View Post
    This I have to disagree, my boy's family are mustang enthusiasts and they have some meannn Mustangs. I run an 04 sixxer Mustang myself with Shorty headers, True duals, cold air intake, and a VMP chip and it's got a nice launch with a 5.8 0-60 and that's with it being automatic. Soon to swap the tranny for a stick.

Onto the post, As he said above, I've seen some mean Dodges and most Dodges are a LOT more reliable than Ford. Can't side with a Chevy truck though, except for maybe a nice little S-10.
    Just because you've seen mean mustangs, doesn't mean all mustangs in general are mean. I've seen Honda Civics that can run those times. You can make ANY car mean; I can throw a 305 into a Geo Metro and run 9s. Easy as pie. I've seen people throw LS motors into RX-7s (Which makes me wonder how gruesome that swap would be, considering the car is rotary stock... Hmm.). But what I mean by 'not impressed with', is if we got the same budget, I could do more with a Camaro then a Mustang. And my reasoning for that, is GM understood what people were going to do to these cars when they released them, and made their cars accordingly. GM parts are easier to find then Mustang, and sometimes cheaper. How this works: GM didn't make motors and accessories SPECIFICALLY for the Camaro, like Ford did with the Mustang. Say I have a Camaro with a 350. I can run to a junkyard and pull parts off of other camaros, but also other Suburbans, Tahoes, even some Caprices.. the list goes on. There is just a laundry list of cars that GM made that are compatible with each other.. And how a lot of LS motor accessories are compatible with each other. I can pull parts off of my Camaro, and put them on a base C5, or even a C5 ZO6 corvette, and everything would function normally. So instead of paying the price for CORVETTE parts, I can pay less money and buy CAMARO parts (Stores think that just because it is a 'Corvette', they can hike the price... My oxygen sensors have to be corvette because my motor is, and so that motor requires the longer O2's, and stores rape me with the prices for 'Corvette') GM is my favorite, because they kept everyone's budget in mind, it's VERY easy to cheat dealership prices; just find someone parting out a car who has internals compatible with yours, which isn't hard at all. GM cars have the same, if not more power then Ford and Dodge's lot, but they run a bit cheaper. I appreciate the BUDGET muscle car. But if you drag race that Mustang a lot, I recommend you stay automatic. Manually shifting adds time, because an auto will shift faster then you can, every time..

OP: I hope you are talking about the 67-72 era Chargers, Camaros, and Mustangs... this generation's 'muscle cars' are slacking.

But moving on to trucks, I accept Duramax and Cummins ONLY. My mom owns a powerchoke, and they are FAR more dissapointting then any duramax of cummins I have ever driven or towed with.

I am not exactly sure if I prefer the Cummins or the Duramax more, I love them both. I want to get one of these two, and a street bike for the summer to save on the gas prices. Pondering maybe a Hayabusa, but not sure yet. Maybe I will start with a 600 cc bike until I get comfortable before riding something of a Hayabusas caliber... *Ponders*
    nice to look at"

It's like a female "Gamer" telling everyone about how good she is at call of duty
    Your heart is a muscle the size of your fist.
    Keep on loving, keep on fighting, and hold on for your life.
    http://ultimate-steve.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by XsrdX22 View Post
    It's like a female "Gamer" telling everyone about how good she is at call of duty
    Now now, be nice...
    I already gave her the lecture..
    nice to look at"

there is no "best truck" and it depends on how well you take care of them....my old man has worked For ford for years as a service advisor and I know first hand that they aren't perfect by a long shot and neither are Chevy or dodge but they all have pros and cons

Chevy parts are relatively cheap in price compared to the other two (I work for Oreillys so I look all the time)
    and with a small block Chevy there are so many little things you can do for hp it's easy to put 200 dollars into it and get tons of extra HP out of it

dodge is my personal favorite and I own a 1994 2nd Gen ram 1500 3.9L with 200k miles on it
    the pros to it is that its suspension is so heavy duty compaired to Chevy and fords of the same time era it makes them look like toys...its a reliable work truck that I can load down the bed with scrap rotors (but 2k lbs worth) and that little half ton does the job and that legendary torqueflight handles it well! the con is that Dodge's can be really picky on their maintenance and well take care of or the won't run well

fords are alright trucks most of the time and you can get alot out of them but I personally don't drive then and haven't seen a reason to move from dodge it Chevy

oh and as far as the diesels go....Id rather be Cummin than stroking

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyoso View Post

Chevy parts are relatively cheap in price compared to the other two (I work for Oreillys so I look all the time)
    and with a small block Chevy there are so many little things you can do for hp it's easy to put 200 dollars into it and get tons of extra HP out of it
    ^^
    nice to look at"

Banned User

i think the GMC Syclone is the best truck hands down...
    turbo'd awd straight from the factory

Quote Originally Posted by psychiatric-patrick View Post
    i think the GMC Syclone is the best truck hands down...
    turbo'd awd straight from the factory
    The Cyclone and Typhoons are mean as hell. AWD Turbo'd v6? Geesh.
    nice to look at"

I drive a Duramax. Its the fastest truck in the small town where I live, it can out pull basically all the trucks where I live, and its by far the sexiest. Its not all stock, but I haven't done a whole hell of a lot to it, and it still rips Dodge's and Ford's in my towns rectums open. Its a diesel, its sexy, and it gets me where I need to go.

Chevy's better anyways.. look back, Nova's, Chevelle's, Camaro's, Corvette's, and all Ford really has is the Mustang.
    I was named after a Chevy, its just spelled a little different, but yeah, I suppose I'm a little biased.
    -Shevelle

Okay yes I am a Chevy guy but yall don't have to be jackasses to her. She was stating that she was a girl because she pointed out if you read the whole thing that its not common in her area. So most likely girl mechanics get put down so you guys doing this probably didn't help, this is why female mechanics aren't growing. Just because someone states their opinion on an open forum doesn't mean you have to act like a bunch of piranhas.