+ Reply to Thread

Default why argue? FOR ALL RELIGIONS

I've been noticing this a lot but why argue over what's right and what's wrong? Yes I'm a Christian but I'm not gonna flat out say "OH YOUR GOING TO HELL FOR UR BELIEFS" where they do that at? I don't judge people I don't even say my religion is correct I don't telll people there going to burn internally for what they do either but these oh so good christians do!

I mean yes I don't fully follow rules and there's a possibilty I could burn in hell for being gay (words of my grandmother -__-) but I'm young. Yes tomorrow is not promised but I just want to really live and God is forgiving so he should be able to forgive me.

But jus because I'm not a good christian doesn't mean other people are for judging.... Judging is wrong in every day life you can't judge a person for what they think or do its how they raise so you can't just say "oh you should think like this cause that's alllll wrong" I mean would you like it if someone did that to you?

If someone wants to argue about why its ok to tell people there wrong fine I'm up for the fight I don't really mind. If you want to argue why I'm going to hell or you think I'm a bad example of a christian sure let's go. If you AGREE that its wrong to judge and tell people what to think and how to live thank you and let me know.

because yelling at people that their beliefs are wrong is solely religious thing?

ive seen far more militant extremist atheists telling people what to believe in then all religious people combined.

besides that i agree with you that people should keep their beliefs to themselves about such touchy subjects. But American culture is all about pushing your beliefs down peoples throat so i dont think thats ever gonna change.(personal experience).

Its not in my religion and I'm not sure about others but I've never heard a religion say "use force or manipulation to control ones mind and spread our religions and beliefs" some may say "spread knowledge" but spreading knowledge and forcing or telling someone is wrong is totally different. Spreading knowledge only means to let people know of things not force it down there throat and so I can't agree that "telling people their beliefs are wrong" is a religious thing at all

I argue about it because forums are boring without arguements.

IRL, I never really even bring it up. Unless I'm asked. I maybe got in one or two arguements ever.
    NO LONGER USING TEENSPOT. IF YOU WANT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME FOLLOW MY Tumblr,

Quote Originally Posted by hovla View Post
    ive seen far more militant extremist atheists telling people what to believe in then all religious people combined.
    Ohh b/c a christian is going to tell another christian theyre wrong nd i quite enjoyed out display of ethonocentrism.
    :

Quote Originally Posted by Lm_Rich View Post
    Ohh b/c a christian is going to tell another christian theyre wrong nd i quite enjoyed out display of ethonocentrism.
    :
    since you failed to see the point of the post let me clarify that for you. there is far more atheists telling people what to believe in, then religious people telling others what to believe in. If you think that is BS just look at this forum for example.

Well from my personal experience Americans are quite vocal to express their opinions about whatever to whoever is in their proximity, compared to people over here who mostly keep their opinions to themselves.

since you failed to see the point of the post let me clarify that for you. there is far more atheists telling people what to believe in, then religious people telling others what to believe in. If you think that is BS just look at this forum for example.

Well from my personal experience Americans are quite vocal to express their opinions about whatever to whoever is in their proximity, compared to people over here who mostly keep their opinions to themselves.
    That's a laughable statement based on statistics alone, bud. Care to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by I_Am_Once_Was View Post
    That's a laughable statement based on statistics alone, bud. Care to try again?
    which one? and by what statistics i would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by mzmoneybell2012 View Post
    I've been noticing this a lot but why argue over what's right and what's wrong? Yes I'm a Christian but I'm not gonna flat out say "OH YOUR GOING TO HELL FOR UR BELIEFS" where they do that at? I don't judge people I don't even say my religion is correct I don't telll people there going to burn internally for what they do either but these oh so good christians do!

I mean yes I don't fully follow rules and there's a possibilty I could burn in hell for being gay (words of my grandmother -__-) but I'm young. Yes tomorrow is not promised but I just want to really live and God is forgiving so he should be able to forgive me.

But jus because I'm not a good christian doesn't mean other people are for judging.... Judging is wrong in every day life you can't judge a person for what they think or do its how they raise so you can't just say "oh you should think like this cause that's alllll wrong" I mean would you like it if someone did that to you?

If someone wants to argue about why its ok to tell people there wrong fine I'm up for the fight I don't really mind. If you want to argue why I'm going to hell or you think I'm a bad example of a christian sure let's go. If you AGREE that its wrong to judge and tell people what to think and how to live thank you and let me know.
    I completely agree with you.

The bible ever so clearly tells us not to judge, and as christians living in our flesh that is sometimes extremely hard to do. But if you are truly a Christian then you know that there is a heaven and a hell and if you don't accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior you are going to hell right?
    With that being said then why would you let the fear of somebody calling you out on your faith or getting upset with you deter the mission, which is to make disciples of the nations? And many may argue that what we believe is just what we believe and there is no difference in any of the religions. But there is, we know, well i know that the Bible is living and has blood running through it. occasionaly when i would doubt Gods existence he would get these signs telling me "girl you know he is real"
    Another thing is most christians are hypocrites, and i include myself in this. Typical Christians consider themselves to be religious instead of followers of Christ and his word.

And to touch on the gay issue, i used to be like so into girls for years like i belived it was not a choice but just who you are. And one day i was thinking to myself i can be gay and a christian people do it all the time, but as soon as i opened up my bible it told me otherwise. so for years i prayed, but my attraction to girls did not falter. and then not to recently i realized i had been half heartedly praying cause i wanted to continue liking girls, and i kept my self in those tempting environments. So then i started praying without ceasing and ignoring those surrondings and it hit me, i have no sexual attraction to my same gender and it was truly a miracle.
    As a christian you cant pick and choose which part of the bible applies to you because, if you believe some of it, then you sort of have to believe all of it.
    and anybody can call me out on anything they would like to, because i may have offended you or made you upset, but the Bible says if you aren't persecuted then you arent truly following Christ,
    God Bless

in the end, its all nice Headcase-'s Avatar

i know the kid with his guitar, so drunk and anxious has been
    done to death, but tell me what hasn't, i'll try it.
    because i'm selfish enough to wanna get better, but i'm
    backwards enough not to take any steps to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by yellabonerapper View Post
    but the Bible says if you aren't persecuted then you arent truly following Christ,
    God Bless
    Whos Bible exactly? you never said what your denomination was

Quote Originally Posted by Headcase- View Post
    as i said before, just take this forum as example.

Whos Bible exactly? you never said what your denomination was
    i said Christian and really religions are what make people not want to even no God because theyre are so many hypocrites myself included. im not about to sit up here and say that i am better than you because i am a certain religion because thaat isn't true we are all equal. what i will say though is that because i have a relationship with Jesus Christ i am going to heaven

Quote Originally Posted by yellabonerapper View Post
    i said Christian and really religions are what make people not want to even no God because theyre are so many hypocrites myself included. im not about to sit up here and say that i am better than you because i am a certain religion because thaat isn't true we are all equal. what i will say though is that because i have a relationship with Jesus Christ i am going to heaven
    Christianity is umbrella term. There are 3 main denominations of Christianity, Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant. Which have many more different denominations under them.
    Bible is not single book, its collection of many books, and not every denomination have same books in their bible. Therefore there is difference in bibles through denominations.

Therefore I asked you about which denomination you were talking about.

in the end, its all nice Headcase-'s Avatar

as i said before, just take this forum as example.
    So you use a shitty, loud-mouthed teenage forum as an example for a gigantic generalized and ridiculous statement?
    i know the kid with his guitar, so drunk and anxious has been
    done to death, but tell me what hasn't, i'll try it.
    because i'm selfish enough to wanna get better, but i'm
    backwards enough not to take any steps to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Headcase- View Post
    So you use a shitty, loud-mouthed teenage forum as an example for a gigantic generalized and ridiculous statement?
    I find it to be true wherever on the internet i venture.

Hey guys! Let's take a thread about not arguing and argue about it!

Dudes, the way you argue about this, when the post is about not arguing. Little hypocritical isn't it? :P

Christianity is a one on one relationship with God, people often forget this. If a fellow Christian judges you for your sins, is that not a sin also? It's a chain of sin. Like a disease if you like, contagious. And as humans, we can't help but fuel it.

There are no 'good' Christians. Everyone is as much a sinner as the next. If you do your best to follow God, and have given you life to him, you are a Christian. Full stop. No matter each other's sins, we are the people of God. Can we not simply try and act as one rather than become preoccupied with debating our sins? That's God's place to judge. Not each other.

I agree with the post.