+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Writer's Block?

Default Writer's Block?

Anyone have suggestions on what to do to get out of writer's block? Maybe something you yourself tried? It's really bothering me that I can't seem to be inspired.

So darkness I became. Walk-On-Water's Avatar

I listen to music with strong, visual lyrics. Sometimes I watch a movie or television show and write a short fictional story based off it just to get my creative juices flowing. Looking at a work of art and making a story out of it also works wonders.
    Brianna

Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur.
    R.I.P Amy (1990 - 2011)

It depends on what kind of writer you are. I write tragic stories so I listen to faces in the hall by gym class heroes. It's really old but gets me in a sad tragic story kind of mood and I write the first thing that goes through my head. Also I always have my notepad with me to write down plots that might be interesting and expand on the idea when I get the chance.

I tend to have writer's block a lot. I have to be in a specific place to start writing. Find somewhere cozy to sit and write, maybe that will help.
    I'm one hell of a butler. -Black Butler

I always just keep writing. Just write something on the page even if it's just "I don't have anything to say". That always works for me when my novels aren't going anywhere. :0)