+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User FlourishAndBlotts's Avatar

Default So I'm trying to figure something out...

This is going to sound crazy to you guys I swear, but when I go to sleep and have a dream little random things will happen. Whether it be a conversation about something or just seeing something. Then, I swear on my grandfather's grave, it may be the next day, it may be 2 weeks afterwards, but somehow what I saw in my dream happens! Like, legit. It happened yesterday at school. I was sitting in Geometry class and my friend Mike started talking to my friend Noelle and I. And the second he started talk I knew I dreamed it. Is there any psychological reason for this happening or do I have like a "sixth sense" or what?

no it happenes to me every once in a while so your not alone

This is nothing more than a trick of the mind. You experience 'deja vu' and your mind convinces you that you've had this conversation before, leading you to believe that you dreamt the exact same conversation. It's not very likely that you can remember entire conversations held in dreams as a mere 10 minutes after waking, you forget 90% of the dreams content. Nevermind two weeks later.

It's much more likely that you're filling it in. Sorry mate but it's just a trick of the mind. It's a powerful thing. Not powerful enough to defy the laws of the universe (such as having a sixth sense), but it's certainly powerful enough to throw you for a loop every now and then.
    formerly caulfield

Take It Or Leave It northerN__Lights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborgasm View Post
    This is nothing more than a trick of the mind. You experience 'deja vu' and your mind convinces you that you've had this conversation before, leading you to believe that you dreamt the exact same conversation. It's not very likely that you can remember entire conversations held in dreams as a mere 10 minutes after waking, you forget 90% of the dreams content. Nevermind two weeks later.

It's much more likely that you're filling it in. Sorry mate but it's just a trick of the mind. It's a powerful thing. Not powerful enough to defy the laws of the universe (such as having a sixth sense), but it's certainly powerful enough to throw you for a loop every now and then.
    You can test this my keeping a notebook beside your bed and writing down every detail from your dream that you can remember. When you get one of those "I've dreamed this" moments, check it in the notebook and see.

Guys, my car just blew a flat.

should go check your brain...first.

Corruption ends civilization and vice versa.

Michael Learns To Rock - Sleeping Child

Its your brain it knows you whole life, you might just dream of things in you life because that's what you brain think might happen

Registered User Nsync_Hottie_503's Avatar

This used to happen to me all the time, it still does on occasion, but instead of dreaming about it I get 'gut feelings' which I normally will discuss with my friends, so that I can rub it in their faces after it happens. I have a theory about why this is, which ties nicely into another theory I've been working on? Message me if you want to discuss it (:
    im in ur compewtr, educatin teh masses

This has happened to me a couple of times and my dad gave me a good explanation once but I can't exactly remember what it was.
    I think it was something about our brains getting confused with what was still in the future and what was in the past.
    It kinda makes sense if you believe that time is not a strict order of cause to affect, but a ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

... Did you just?

everything in lifeis a pattern from weather to human nature ad sometimes our subconscious mind may recognize the outcome of the pattern befour we consciously do therefor in sleep or deep meditation it is possible to see the outcomes befour they happen

dejavou