+ Reply to Thread
    Last edited by benny_boy_18; 08-22-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Ron Paul 2012
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

List of possible VPs for Ron Paul:

Judge Andrew Napolitano
    Lew Rockwell
    Steve Forbes
    Peter Schiff
    Barry Goldwater, Jr.
    Larry Kudlow

And this makes perfect sense to me...

is your spending 40k on a car noone is going to buy a mustang unless its the shelby. srt8 with the stroked 7l is where its at

I agree^ When people want to buy "luxury" or anything above 35k thats not a pickup, they usually think European.
    Most would pick an m3 over a shelby anyday

Quote Originally Posted by GSArora View Post
    I agree^ When people want to buy "luxury" or anything above 35k thats not a pickup, they usually think European.
    Most would pick an m3 over a shelby anyday
    m3 is 60k lol and the shelby is 48k

Hmm 2013 GT500 is the highest HP production mass produced car EVER, sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleson View Post
    Hmm 2013 GT500 is the highest HP production mass produced car EVER, sounds good to me.
    If you want to spend 55,000 bucks...

I'll tell you what:

Lemme get an old school muscle car.. Say, a Camaro or a Javelin or a Charger. I pick it up for 12k, in decent shape. If I'm smart about it, I can put 43k in it, still pay as much as I would for the mustang... only this car would dance circles around either of the above mentioned mustangs.

Just saying.
    "I've always felt that Chevrolet made
    Camaro rear ends especially awesome,
    so that Mustangs will always have something
    nice to look at"

If you're looking for some fun...

But even doing that you still wouldn't be able to have reliable power all day long with a warrenty or the being able to drop a couple hundred more bucks and be putting out 800 rwhp to the ground with a modern fuel injected engine that runs smooth and clean and decent economy. If your putting that much money into a car your probably gonna do an ls swap and upgrade components to more modern equipment, so pretty much you'd be building the same thing but with a lot less R&D that probably won't work as well day in and day out. It's just like the Raptor, could I build a better off road truck for 50k, Yes, but it wouldn't be as good all around.

Banned User

Honestly,as much as I love the new Boss it is not worth it.
    My brother has a 2012 Mustang Gt,he paid $30,000 for it and has less than $2,500 in aftermarket parts and he is pushing 465 Hp,which is more than the Boss.
    If it were my money instead of paying $40,000 for a new car I'd spend $10,000 on a mint condition 87-93 Mustang Gt and drop a $10,000 427 Stroker in it,along with a few other mods.

The total in price would be less than $28,000 and you would easily be pushing 700 HP and you could say you actually built it,instead of buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleson View Post
    But even doing that you still wouldn't be able to have reliable power all day long with a warrenty or the being able to drop a couple hundred more bucks and be putting out 800 rwhp to the ground with a modern fuel injected engine that runs smooth and clean and decent economy. If your putting that much money into a car your probably gonna do an ls swap and upgrade components to more modern equipment, so pretty much you'd be building the same thing but with a lot less R&D that probably won't work as well day in and day out. It's just like the Raptor, could I build a better off road truck for 50k, Yes, but it wouldn't be as good all around.
    If you are smart about it, you will have reliable power. And an LSX would suffice much better. And considering LSX comes in big block form, the mustang doesn't stand a chance. There's a 2000 hp 427 LSX that can handle that power as if it was a daily driver. It's all about using your money and creativity wisely, and putting it in the right place.Build a motor up right, and it will handle pretty much anything you throw at it.

I could also throw in the 572 crate, for about 15k, and make about 600 hp on a N/A motor. I figure about another 5k to make the motor work, depending on the car. And because it is a stock motor, it is built to run that power, just as the motor in the Mustang is built to run that power. So, for 20-30k, I made something that will dance around the Boss 302.
    nice to look at"

Modified 'Maro - $45,000

Shelby GT500 - $55,000

M3 - $60,000

Americans arguing about this stuff, priceless.

Used cars + some love are the way to go.

Seriously, what's the point of purchasing a brand new vehicle when you can buy one that's rolled all four wheels at least once for much less?

Quote Originally Posted by DJSuperNova View Post
    Modified 'Maro - $45,000

Shelby GT500 - $55,000

M3 - $60,000

Americans arguing about this stuff, priceless.

Used cars + some love are the way to go.

Seriously, what's the point of purchasing a brand new vehicle when you can buy one that's rolled all four wheels at least once for much less?
    The modified Maro WOULD be used. I would never buy a new car. I prefer to find old school projects, restore them, and know that I BUILT the car, I put love into the car, and know that no one knows this car better then I, instead of paying extra for a brand new car that someone built for me. Just my opinion, however.
    nice to look at"