+ Reply to Thread

Default Can love be one sided?

Answer the question. Can it be. Are you one of those people that believes you can truly love someone that doesn't feel the same. If not what is it? Is it some psychological mental problem dealing with fantasy and filling an empty void?

For an example I will use my own shitty loser situation because it's the internet and I really don't care if you fucks think I am lame or not. Well, when I was a junior in high school I met this guy in my math class that I absolutely went nuts over. Like, it was the hardest I ever fell for anyone. We never dated and I don't see him that often anymore. Thing is, I never told him how I felt. We were kind of friends. Not close by any stretch but we would bullshit in class. And now every time I see him we'll make small talk. So it's not totally creepy and stalker-ish. It's just, he feels so right. Like we would be perfect together. And I am pretty sure he isn't into me like that. Like, he acknowledges my existence and everything but I don't get a crush vibe at all. So I choose not to embarrass my self by making a scene confessing that I like him.

This is the closest thing to "love" I have ever experienced. I have never in my life met anyone that makes me feel the way I do about him. Would it be wrong by definition to say that I love him? Just curious for opinions on the matter
    NO LONGER USING TEENSPOT. IF YOU WANT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME FOLLOW MY Tumblr,

In my opinion I don't think it can be. The only way it could was if you were in a relationship with that person previously and you still feel the same way and they dont. But that's just me.

yea...love can be one sided...why not?i mean u love a person doesnt mean he/she must feel the same abt u....and if u really love him u dont expect them to do anything for u or respond to u.....u just want them to feel happy with their lives.....

Quote Originally Posted by XmurderXchaosX View Post
    Answer the question. Can it be. Are you one of those people that believes you can truly love someone that doesn't feel the same. If not what is it? Is it some psychological mental problem dealing with fantasy and filling an empty void?

For an example I will use my own shitty loser situation because it's the internet and I really don't care if you fucks think I am lame or not. Well, when I was a junior in high school I met this guy in my math class that I absolutely went nuts over. Like, it was the hardest I ever fell for anyone. We never dated and I don't see him that often anymore. Thing is, I never told him how I felt. We were kind of friends. Not close by any stretch but we would bullshit in class. And now every time I see him we'll make small talk. So it's not totally creepy and stalker-ish. It's just, he feels so right. Like we would be perfect together. And I am pretty sure he isn't into me like that. Like, he acknowledges my existence and everything but I don't get a crush vibe at all. So I choose not to embarrass my self by making a scene confessing that I like him.

This is the closest thing to "love" I have ever experienced. I have never in my life met anyone that makes me feel the way I do about him. Would it be wrong by definition to say that I love him? Just curious for opinions on the matter
    No one can tell you that what you are feeling is illegitimate, it makes me sad that you don't go and give it a shot, you never know what could happen.

Yes love CAN be one sided, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountrySoul View Post
    You don't even have to try.
    Just watching you breaking down the retards who come in here trying to spew their non-facts and ask really stupid questions is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by the_taco_is_back View Post
    When my fiance and I roleplay, I play Rodney King and she plays four LAPD officers who beat me and eventually get acquitted leading to the 1992 LA Riots.

It's hot.

I think it can definitely be one sided. Being, "In Love," requires the feeling to be mutual, but that's different. Love is an entirely personal feeling and designation. Were it not for one sided love, I'm not sure I would know what love is.

Nothing but an illusion. Ambamm's Avatar

Love can definitely be one sided.
    I convinced myself that I was in love with one of my female friends for a while about a year ago. She's so bloody wonderful, but has a horrible tendency to lead me on. She didn't love me. she loved her boyfriend of two years.
    "It wasn't because he thinks I'm worth it, but because he convinced me that I am worth it."

-Jenn R. My BnR
    Both of our boys are so wonderful.
    11.28.09<3

Love can certainly be one sided.

when I was 15, I fell for a guy who lived 2 hours away.
    We broke up because of the distance, and I moved on for the most part.
    He got a new girlfriend but when I moved to his town for college almost 3 years ago now, he cheated on her with me. I didn't even know she still was with him, he never mentioned her even though he kept in constant contact with me all that time.

I ended up telling his girlfriend, they didn't break up but he wasn't even mad at me for telling her as long as he could still talk to me and shit.

I just lost all respect for him then and he still tries to contact me to this day claiming that he misses me and that he always thinks of me and how he feels like he made the biggest mistake by letting me go. He does this even though he's still with her and he knows that I'm happily engaged to be married this summer.

I'm proud to say I haven't answered a single one of his emails or phone calls since March 2008, he doesn't deserve my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Candiid View Post
    Love can certainly be one sided.

when I was 15, I fell for a guy who lived 2 hours away.
    We broke up because of the distance, and I moved on for the most part.
    He got a new girlfriend but when I moved to his town for college almost 3 years ago now, he cheated on her with me. I didn't even know she still was with him, he never mentioned her even though he kept in constant contact with me all that time.

I ended up telling his girlfriend, they didn't break up but he wasn't even mad at me for telling her as long as he could still talk to me and shit.

I just lost all respect for him then and he still tries to contact me to this day claiming that he misses me and that he always thinks of me and how he feels like he made the biggest mistake by letting me go. He does this even though he's still with her and he knows that I'm happily engaged to be married this summer.

I'm proud to say I haven't answered a single one of his emails or phone calls since March 2008, he doesn't deserve my attention.
    Thank you for being awesome in that regard, I am proud of you as well. Assuming of course you aren't lying and really didn't know about that other girl (not implying you are lying, just saying) then you are a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountrySoul View Post
    You don't even have to try.
    Just watching you breaking down the retards who come in here trying to spew their non-facts and ask really stupid questions is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by the_taco_is_back View Post
    When my fiance and I roleplay, I play Rodney King and she plays four LAPD officers who beat me and eventually get acquitted leading to the 1992 LA Riots.

It's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MVInuyasha View Post
    Thank you for being awesome in that regard, I am proud of you as well. Assuming of course you aren't lying and really didn't know about that other girl (not implying you are lying, just saying) then you are a champ.
    Haha thanks

I really didn't know he was still with her
    He mentioned her once in awhile for about the first year or so after we broke up?
    After that though,I never heard one word about her and he never had a face book or anything that would show his relationship status.

When we were hooking up that night, he tried to stop it saying "I don't want to hurt you again"

Which is cool and all, but I was really just in it for the sex.

The next morning when he was leaving, he told me he had to go pick his girlfriend up from HER college. =/

Idk.
    I think if it was as easy as it was for me to get him to hook up with me though,I couldn't have been the only one anyway.