+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Dimple Piercing!

I'm getting my Dimples pierced, does anyone know anything about them?
    know anyone with one?
    Are they safe?

I got both ears industrial, and it didnt hurt as much as getting my belly button or my syptom. Would dimples hurt a lot? Cheeks are so "meaty" or "Fatter":O
    You`re my Rock. <3

Registered User emilythedinosaur's Avatar

i don't know much about them, but it seems like they would hurt quite a bit during the piercing and afterwards.

why thank u tinkle fairy nascar_babe's Avatar

Well, they're just soft tissue piercings, they really shouldn't hurt anymore than a navel piercing. It certainly shouldn't be as painful as an industrial.

Although, it's common to have problematic healing. Sometimes they just don't heal. I suggest you seriously consider that possibility before you get pierced.

They're as "safe" as any other piercing. Just make sure you have them done by a professional you trust.
    Bring back Sex Q's

I think cheek piercings are quite ugly. I think they're like, useless. It's a hole right in the middle of your cheek. Why don't you get a more attractive piercing, like a monroe? It's only a few centimeters over, and is actually attractive.
    I LOVE YOU (:

^
    agreed

Registered User BucketsAndSocks's Avatar

Most piercings places have raised the age for cheek piercings from the standard 16, to 18 because of the special care that is needed to heal them. Sometimes they never heal, if you are new to piercings, you will not expect what is to come. They can flare up and down for no reason. Even when you think its almost healed it can swell up to full size suddenly.

If you still want to get them, sleep with your heard above your heart until it heals(a few pillows work) to promote proper drainage(this is for the extreme).

Aim for the sweet spot on the cheek(your piercer will know what that is, just bring it up when you are talking to them).

Drink plenty of cold drinks, or chew on ice chips, and just keep your oral health immaculate.
    Just remember don't be surprised if they don't heal.

P.S. Read up on Dermal anchors for cheeks. They don't go into the mouth so it doesn't seep plasma, and it won't smell!
    When you sleep with someone, you are sleeping with everyone they have ever slept with!

Does that make you gay?

Yes, yes it does!

Two things.

One, OP didn't ask what anyone thought about cheek piercings, or if you guys think they're attractive or not. OPs opinion on that matters more than yours.

Secondly - ice chips and cold drinks? Yeah no. You don't want to do that. That restricts the capillaries and reduces blood flow to what is effectively an open wound. You do not want that. Only infected piercings smell bad, by the way.

Follow the aftercare instructions given to you by the professional that does your piercing. They're safe.

First of all, make sure you do alot of research on this piercing before you get it. It's definately alot different than the other piercings you have, and will require different care.

Second, get them done at a proffessional of course.

Thirdly, if I'm not mistaken, they're surface piercings, so there is a chance of rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by AlleySinkWinky View Post
    I think cheek piercings are quite ugly. I think they're like, useless. It's a hole right in the middle of your cheek. Why don't you get a more attractive piercing, like a monroe? It's only a few centimeters over, and is actually attractive.
    You will look like shit
    I hope you regret it as an adult

why thank u tinkle fairy nascar_babe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarianWhite View Post
    Two things.

One, OP didn't ask what anyone thought about cheek piercings, or if you guys think they're attractive or not. OPs opinion on that matters more than yours.

Secondly - ice chips and cold drinks? Yeah no. You don't want to do that. That restricts the capillaries and reduces blood flow to what is effectively an open wound. You do not want that. Only infected piercings smell bad, by the way.

Follow the aftercare instructions given to you by the professional that does your piercing. They're safe.
    Ice and cold drinks are fine for temporary use. Obviously she won't want the area constantly iced for the entire healing time, but for the first few days afterward, it doesn't do any damage. And healthy piercings can smell too, if the discharge builds up, or a healed piercing isn't cleaned regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyWarren View Post
    First of all, make sure you do alot of research on this piercing before you get it. It's definately alot different than the other piercings you have, and will require different care.

Second, get them done at a proffessional of course.

Thirdly, if I'm not mistaken, they're surface piercings, so there is a chance of rejection.
    Sometimes they're kind of surface piercings, if they're done with microdermals that is. But generally, the piercings go all the way through the cheek.
    Bring back Sex Q's

Registered User BucketsAndSocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarianWhite View Post
    Two things.

You are right about the cold drinks and ice chips but... I was not talking about all the time, I meant if there was a lot of swelling. And all piercings have a smell. Take out one of your piercings and smell it, it wont smell nice. It's the blood plasma and dead cells. Doesn't matter where they are they smell. How BAD they smell varies. Things like stretched ears smell a lot because of the large surface area. Cheeks have a very intensive after care, just be careful.
    When you sleep with someone, you are sleeping with everyone they have ever slept with!

Does that make you gay?

Yes, yes it does!

To be real it doesnt hurt at all!
    I recently got mine done on the 27th of Aug..and i love them! I have dimples already so it really brings them out more.. Im very satisfied..and as for all the people that tell you dont do it because its ugly or whatever, i say go for it..haha Honestly tho, it doesnt hurt at all. its literally a pinch..it just hurts when they twist the ball on. But thats it. When i got mine i got a 14 gauge and he put a 1" bar in..im at a 1/4" now and it looks much better..Just expect a little swelling and some puss, but if you take care of them on the inside and out, you should be just fine! Good luck, but just remember to follow ALL instructions.

OHH and using Ibuprofine and some ice for swelling and soreness is good for it too. Or smokn some treeeees..

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTrees View Post
    You will look like shit
    I hope you regret it as an adult
    Seriously.

a LOOOOTTT of girls cannot pull that piercing off.

i have two friends who had it done, and they're both gorgeous, but one of them.. ugh it was terrible! the other though got REALLY SMALL tiny diamonds, oh god. it makes me want the same piercing, she looks amazing with it.

it's a rare thing for a girl to pull it off. i hate the girl who had it on rock of love, it looked awful. :/

why hasn't anybody said anything about how dangerous it is? yeah they look ugly as fuck too but there are LOTS of veins and stuff in your cheeks and if you hit them, you're skrewed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlleySinkWinky View Post
    srsly this.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

-Jean Rostand

Quote Originally Posted by Super_star_girl View Post
    why hasn't anybody said anything about how dangerous it is? yeah they look ugly as fuck too but there are LOTS of veins and stuff in your cheeks and if you hit them, you're skrewed.
    Not really...
    It just ends up rather messy most of the time.
    And any decent piercer will check before anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_star_girl View Post
    Hello, there are veins everywhere. It's a common misconception that if you pierce through a vein you will bleed to death. You won't. There will be excess bleeding but it can easily be treated and there will be no permanent damage. And as someone else mentioned, any decent piercer knows to check for these things before they pierce.

monroe's are overrated (to all the people on here telling her to get one)
    they actually look ugly on 65% of the people who have them

Well I got My cheeks pierced yesterday today their really irreitating me and their itchy but they were sooooo worth it they look cute just rinse your mouth 3-4 times a day with some warm water with salt in it (1tbs,salt/9,ounceswater) rinse the whole water drink plenty of water and dont touch them alot it doesnt hurt while your getting them peirced at all it was actually less painfull then when i pierced the cartlidge to my ear.=]]]] Do it Its Worth It!!