+ Reply to Thread

Default What to do when your boyfriend parties a lot?

I recently got into a relationship with a really good guy. He treats me well and we have so much fun together-- although lately, these past few weeks have been different. He seems like he feels the need to party more or whenever he's around his friends at parties we don't really talk as much. I'm not saying he has to be around me every single minute, but it'd be nice if he came over and talked to me more. Also, this girl was dancing all over him at a party on thursday and he let it happen...... regardless he was really drunk, but still... it was annoying so I left.

I know this is a really stupid question to ask, but for some reason with him it's hard for me to straight out tell him that I think he parties too much. He's also going to a party tonight, on thursday, and on saturday back at home and I'm a little worried that he's gonna get too drunk or do something with another girl......... even though he tries to convince me he's not like that and his best friend tells me the same, along with a few of my other good friends that know him well. I guess I don't know what to do or believe but I just need some other advice as to what I should say to him about him partying too much to make it seem that I'm not trying to be annoying?
    OBAMA-BIDEN 2008
    Vote for change.

Well, you don't trust him and you don't like his choices. That's grounds for breaking up.

My boyfriend's like that, I guess you have to trust him.
    But if it's really bugging you, it doesn't hurt to just tell him how you feel - if he does treat you well, he shouldn't over react.

I'm on a boat
    Everybody look at me 'cause I'm sailing on a boat
    I'm on a boat
    I'm on a boat
    Take a good hard look at the motherfucking boat

I trust my boyfriend. Maybe it's because he proposed to me and got me a ring.

But, I told him I didn't like him partying. So, he stopped getting drunk & smoking, and now he's just a designated driver. Which, I'm much more content with.
    Rate Me. - Twitter @SarahLeex
    - 사랑해<3

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Zitryx View Post
    I trust my boyfriend. Maybe it's because he proposed to me and got me a ring.

But, I told him I didn't like him partying. So, he stopped getting drunk & smoking, and now he's just a designated driver. Which, I'm much more content with.
    Lol. Well done, you have him completely whipped.

But OP.. you can't stop him from partying. He's a teenager, he's going to resent you for it (unless he's whipped).

What you can do is suggest that he hang out with you more at parties because you feel ignored/neglected.. and say that it makes you paranoid/annoyed when he lets other girls dance all over him.

he's partyin and messin with other gurls, and is going to continue doing so, so if i were u i would break up with him.

Why do girls always suspect the worst? He probably is just enjoying having a good time, getting drunk, and dancing. I think you have to be able to trust someone when they, and all their friends are telling you that its just good, clean fun.

i wood just go party wid him nd if i dont like how his dancin wid girls nd dat i wood tell him nd if he didnt care i wood dump him nd get tha bitchers bak!!!!!!!

All I want is everything. lil_latina88's Avatar

Just bring it up casually....

Hey, so are you partying tonight again?
    Yeah..
    Why? It seems like you're partying all the time lately. I miss you.
    Well what do you want me to do?
    Party less? *cute smile*
    Life is what you make it.

I'm a big girl now, wanna see?

Quote Originally Posted by lil_latina88 View Post
    Just bring it up casually....

Hey, so are you partying tonight again?
    Yeah..
    Why? It seems like you're partying all the time lately. I miss you.
    Well what do you want me to do?
    Party less? *cute smile*
    no.

just tell him to stop.
    ~TanYA!~G~

my ex partied alot, and i didnt mind it, untile i heard how she was all over some guy at a party, and also i just worried for her in general, because she would drink untile she passed out, and after she woke up, she got up and drank again till she passed out, and then again, untile she just woke up in the morning. not to mention the various drugs she does (nothing hardcore, but the drinking alone could get her in some serious trouble (as in like someone taking advantage of her) and it just doesn't help.

i talked to her about it, and she was just like "its just who i am, i cant help it, if there is alcohol around, i'm gonna get drunk"

which pisses me off, because i cant drink with her because she only want to get drunk and pass out. and like the first time we where gonna sleep together, she wanted to have some wine, like as a romantic jester, well she was planning on drinking the whole bottle, like how is that romantic, if i wanted to sleep with a drunk girl, i could just go find some drunk whore at some
    party.

So from the way you describe him, he doesn't seem at all like my ex, so just talk to him, but sometimes people are just stubborn, and don't want to give things up.
    Last edited by richierichtx; 04-07-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tan_yah View Post
    no.

just tell him to stop.
    Great idea.......to get dumped:

Attempt to control him.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide-girls View Post

But OP.. you can't stop him from partying. He's a teenager, he's going to resent you for it (unless he's whipped).
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_latina88 View Post

Attempt to control him.
    GREAT IDEA!

Wtf?

You can't just quote a certain part of my post then roll your eyes while quoting someone else. It doesn't make sense and I have no idea what kind of point you're trying to make.

Being whipped = being controlled by your girlfriend.

So you just said attempt to pussywhip him.