+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    Sha la la
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,329

    Heart Eyes What to Wear to Hollister Interview?

    ...
    Last edited by hellacoolTASHA; 06-01-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    Never a frown...with golden brown.

  2. #2
    Registered User JuicyCouture31191's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    76

    Default

    2nd shirt and jeans flipflops.
    also.
    pull the color out of the seagul { the little trademark}
    and wear that color tank top underneath

  3. #3
    Registered User Simply-Jess-xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    shouldn't you wear a hollister shirt?
    don't they like that kind of thing...

    Yes, I am that bitch.

    Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth

  4. #4
    PinkKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCouture31191 View Post
    2nd shirt and jeans flipflops.
    also.
    pull the color out of the seagul { the little trademark}
    and wear that color tank top underneath
    agreed.
    bb gurl is back mhm

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,451

    Default

    Don't wear flip flops- it's a job interview, not a trip to the beach.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    959

    Default

    i work at hco so i know how it is.... i didnt even wear hollister to my interview and they called me 30 min later to say i got the job.
    i recommend the 1st outfit even though i hate that shirt, just because its brand new and really in season. they'd really eat it up if you wore something right off the mannequin (exact colors) because we're "encouraged" to buy those items and colors, especially when a district manager is around
    but really, you can go in wearing a paper bag and as long as you're attractive and tell tem what they want to hear you'll get the job.

    every prospective "model" (im assuming thats what you're going for) is rated 1-9 by the interviewing manager. you get a 1-3 for looks, 1-3 for personality, and 1-3 for how well you fit in. at the end your score is totaled and 8-9 is very recommended- a must have, 6-7 is recommended- would fit in well but not amazing, and 5 or below is pretty much a fat chance

    here are some things about the look policy for employees that it would behoove you to follow for your interview
    -natural makeup, if any
    -natural hairstyle and color (i quote the policy word for word when i say "no christina aguilera hair")
    -minimal jewelry- NOTHING chunky or gold
    -flip flops or chucks (converse)
    -no black or crazy colored nails, no french mani of fingers (toes ok)
    -DO NOT WEAR BLACK. hco does not sell ANYTHING black

    good luck! let me know if you need more advice!
    *note what i said about dress ad the look policy is really advantageous if you're not that good looking. if you are really hot, you should be ok without following that but otherwise this will give you a real edge
    Last edited by sxyglamorgirl; 02-18-2008 at 06:34 PM.
    OK, so my user name is definately an inside joke. I'M NOT THAT CONCEITED OR STUPID.

    And, yes, I will most likely bitch you out if I don't like you.

  7. #7
    PinkKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine-Rose View Post
    Don't wear flip flops- it's a job interview, not a trip to the beach.
    haha,you have a point.
    maybe try flats instead.
    bb gurl is back mhm

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine-Rose View Post
    Don't wear flip flops- it's a job interview, not a trip to the beach.
    flip flops are the hco dress code
    OK, so my user name is definately an inside joke. I'M NOT THAT CONCEITED OR STUPID.

    And, yes, I will most likely bitch you out if I don't like you.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkKey View Post
    haha,you have a point.
    maybe try flats instead.
    NOOOOOOO they will laugh their asses off at you the second you leave
    OK, so my user name is definately an inside joke. I'M NOT THAT CONCEITED OR STUPID.

    And, yes, I will most likely bitch you out if I don't like you.

  10. #10
    Evil Queen of Finland! Kanevra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,512

    Default

    Just wear anything Hollister. All of that shit looks the same. So why does it matter?

  11. #11
    Sha la la
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sxyglamorgirl View Post
    NOOOOOOO they will laugh their asses off at you the second you leave
    Really? Are flats a big no no?
    Never a frown...with golden brown.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacoolTASHA View Post
    Really? Are flats a big no no?
    yes because like i said about the "look policy" i kid you not lol
    you have to wear flip flops. converse are ok, but not as good. when its cold i wear slippers to work and change out o them in the stockroom
    you pretty much want them to think you could already work there so training and orientation arent as troublesome.
    and if you look very antihollister, they will laugh at you.
    i'm sure that wont be the case for you because you're pretty and seem cool. but there have been times where my managers have told me about weird interviewees like they were some joke or something.
    OK, so my user name is definately an inside joke. I'M NOT THAT CONCEITED OR STUPID.

    And, yes, I will most likely bitch you out if I don't like you.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sxyglamorgirl View Post
    flip flops are the hco dress code
    Never mind then.

  14. #14
    Rock n Roll Girl pixie_punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,126

    Default

    The part where I'm actually contributing to the thread: Second shirt, for sure.

    The part where I'm being a self-righteous superior beeyotch: This thread seriously makes me wonder why ANYONE would want to work for Hollister. "You have to be like everybody else or we don't want you." Fuck that. My job interview for my old job was basically sitting and talking to the manager about music and our local scene for half an hour, and he called me the next day with a job offer. It was a record store, so it made sense, but at least I wasn't being graded on my looks or level of conformity.
    What happened to the passion? What happened to the reason for screaming? What happened to the music and the message that I love? What happened to the hard work? And why does everybody look the same? What happened to the music and the message that I love? - H2O

  15. #15
    drr. kriegy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pixie_punk View Post
    The part where I'm actually contributing to the thread: Second shirt, for sure.

    The part where I'm being a self-righteous superior beeyotch: This thread seriously makes me wonder why ANYONE would want to work for Hollister. "You have to be like everybody else or we don't want you." Fuck that. My job interview for my old job was basically sitting and talking to the manager about music and our local scene for half an hour, and he called me the next day with a job offer. It was a record store, so it made sense, but at least I wasn't being graded on my looks or level of conformity.
    Word.
    And I even like Hollister.

  16. #16
    Straight to Hell, boys Axl_Rose22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    Don't worry about it. I went to an Abercrombie interview in a gray t shirt and jeans. They don't care what you wear because you end up having to buy clothes for that season to work there. They basically dress you.

  17. #17
    Straight to Hell, boys Axl_Rose22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine-Rose View Post
    Don't wear flip flops- it's a job interview, not a trip to the beach.
    It's mandatory in Hollister and A&F to wear flip flops (and since 2007 converse).

  18. #18
    Straight to Hell, boys Axl_Rose22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sxyglamorgirl View Post
    yes because like i said about the "look policy" i kid you not lol
    you have to wear flip flops. converse are ok, but not as good. when its cold i wear slippers to work and change out o them in the stockroom
    you pretty much want them to think you could already work there so training and orientation arent as troublesome.
    and if you look very antihollister, they will laugh at you.
    i'm sure that wont be the case for you because you're pretty and seem cool. but there have been times where my managers have told me about weird interviewees like they were some joke or something.
    That's weird. I didn't dress the part at-all. I didn't even wear flip flops or converse. The dress policy is basically for when you're working, so I think its unprofessional of employers to judge someone's dress when they're not in a working environment.

    Plus, the chances of an employee shoplifting are way slimmer if the employee could care less about the clothes and just buys the amount necessary for a work uniform.

  19. #19
    All I want is everything. lil_latina88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    22,195

    Default

    Second shirt. It looks more professional. First top looks REALLY beachy.
    Life is what you make it.

    I'm a big girl now, wanna see?

  20. #20
    bleh.... stasha-pistachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    god.. Id have no chance in hell of working there then...

    And I can't quite understand why anyone would want to.
    Do you get free clothes or something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
monitoring_string = "4602c2f6f50d14a8ded4584efe3ed885"