/thread
    Please me,
    Show me how it's done.
    Tease me,
    You are the one.

I want to reconcile the violence in your heart,
    I want to recognise your beauty is not just a mask,
    I want to exorcise the demons from your past,
    I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart.

La Terreur

Yes, but go ahead and do it.

No!

The only reason to think that it is wrong, is if you take the advice from a thousand year old book which was inspired by the norms of that time. We don't live in that time anymore... most of us have moved on and don't hold slaves and stone people to death.
    Wise is the guest's eye.

haha. thanks sverri!

but WHY do you guys think that it is or isn't wrong?
    "Methinks, thou art a general offence, and
    every man should beat thee"
    -All's Well That Ends Well (II, 3, ?)

www.gracefulfiles.blogspot.com

www.myspace.com/his_grace01

It's natural (happens in nature and in all human civilisations that have existed), it doesn't harm anyone, and it isn't forced on anyone. Where's the problem?
    Please me,
    Show me how it's done.
    Tease me,
    You are the one.

I want to reconcile the violence in your heart,
    I want to recognise your beauty is not just a mask,
    I want to exorcise the demons from your past,
    I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart.

Here's something you might enjoy :

http://www.teenspot.com/boards/showt...8#post10857008
    Last edited by saguaronest; 08-08-2007 at 02:44 PM.
    ...if the world didn't suck we'd all fall off...

I AM A FEMALE!!!!!!!

haha. i love it!

No. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by muse-17 View Post
    It's natural (happens in nature and in all human civilisations that have existed), it doesn't harm anyone, and it isn't forced on anyone. Where's the problem?
    I am better than you. Get over it.

wow...........all consenting opinions.

oh well, time to break up the harmony.......

i think its wrong. i really dont want to get into details unless i have so please dont make me, im too lazy lol

anyway, some quick things-
    first, going by the Bible, God created man and woman for each other, He didnt make 2 men.
    Jesus (re)established the sanctity of marriage

i guess bioligically, its unatural cuz we wouldnt be able to reproduce. unless we can clone ourselves, if we all became gay, bye bye human race.

oh yea, dont forget

HATE the SIN, LOVE the SINNER
    20,000 Post Get

All Hail Lelouch!!!!!

Adapted from earlier thread:

I will speak as a Christian. Christian tradition has never held that it is a sin merely to experience same-sex attractions; sin is always a result of human freedom, and since same-sex attractions are not freely chosen, they cannot be sinful. What Christianity does hold is that homosexual sex is sinful because sex is always supposed to flawlessly image God's free, total, faithful, fruitful love. Homosexual sex can never do that, because it cannot be open to the creation of new life, it does not include the beautiful complement between the sexes that God intended, and it cannot happen in the context of the sacrament of marriage, which requires both sexes as God designed them.

Christianity also holds that same-sex attractions themselves are a disorientation ("intrinsically disordered"), meaning that they orient one towards objectively wrong actions (non-marital sex) and that God does not intend them; they are a part of our fallen human nature.

All of this, at first, seems pretty harsh. However, consider always that the core premise of Christianity is that God is love: people who have same-sex attractions are beloved by God, they are made in his image, he considers them his sons and daughters, and he desires to draw them up into his divine life. People who have same-sex attractions are never defined by their attractions; "gay" is not what they are. They are beloved sons and daughters of God, deserving of the utmost love and respect. It's true that they have a fairly serious sexual disorientation which they must transcend in order to live a holy life, but so do the rest of us; we just don't have the same disorientation. We are still beloved by God, and so are they. As long as people who experience same-sex attractions surrender them to Christ and seek to live chastely by never engaging in homosexual sex, which is objectively evil, they have as excellent a chance to be holy and to enter God's kingdom as anyone else.

A quick word on "reparative therapy": The effectiveness of therapy designed to remove one's same-sex attractions and replace them with opposite-sex attractions is highly disputed. It is absolutely clear that the therapy succeeds at least a portion of the time; to look the thousands of people who have experienced such transformations in the eye and tell them they are all wrong and lying to themselves is simply uncharitable and unjustifiable. However, it is equally clear that the therapy does not work all of the time, and that it is not merely a matter of "working hard enough" or "praying hard enough." Suffice to say that people who experience same-sex attractions are not required to seek such therapy to live holy, Christ-centered lives; it is entirely up to them and their conscience. A highly-praised group for Christians who struggle with same-sex attractions (not a “reparative therapy” organization) can be found at couragerc.org.

God bless.

so, god doesn't want anyone to be themselves? who HE CREATED them to be?

Mz. Cherry

Okay this is what i believe about homosexuality based on the bible and what not.

Love itself is not a sin.

I'm sure all of us have a best friend (of the same gender) that we dearly love....it's not wrong. Jesus loved his disciples didn't he?
    I think however homosexual sex is wrong.....Why? because God intended for sex to be purely woman and man AFTER marriage...
    So homosexual sex is perverting what God intended for heterosexuals that are married...

The Love i don't think is wrong...however it shouldn't be confused with Lust...Lusting is a sin...whether it's actually acting upon it or thinking it
    Matthew 24:8 (i think) says "YOu have been told 'thou shalt not commit adultery' but i say unto whoever looks after a woman [or man] and lusts after her [or him] has already commited adultery with her in his heart"

Mz. Cherry

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie_bird View Post
    so, god doesn't want anyone to be themselves? who HE CREATED them to be?

God did not create people like that...if he did then he would be a cruel and unloving God for creating people with feelings that they can't control...but he's not he did not create them like that.

i'm gonna try to stay away from starting a debate on whether it's a choice or not b/c the bible doesn't really specify if it's chosen or not..it just says it's a sin..

I think mostly because it's lust..not love. major difference.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by afrikanprincess View Post
    God did not create people like that...if he did then he would be a cruel and unloving God for creating people with feelings that they can't control...but he's not he did not create them like that.

i'm gonna try to stay away from starting a debate on whether it's a choice or not b/c the bible doesn't really specify if it's chosen or not..it just says it's a sin..

You can't say its a choice. Thats utter stupidity. It shouldn't even be debatable.

Mz. Cherry

I never said it was...stop being so offensive..

And unless you're God you can't say that it's not a choice for certain unless u have absolute knowledge.... and i'm pretty sure you don't.
    I don't either and i never said it was a choice...
    So please don't put words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by afrikanprincess View Post

why is it cruel and unloving to create people with love.

i don't want to over generalize here but from my experience, gay people have more love than anyone else i know.

and how do you know its lust? what makes it lust?

Oh hum.
    Ignorance is not worth fighting if everyone is ignorant. The majority is always correct, regardless of the facts.

Mz. Cherry

OKay...it's not love okay.

Yes Gay people tend to be more accepting because they understand what it's like to be made fun of looked down on..

Lust= wanting to be with someone sexually...when not married.

and honestly there are different types of love.

Eros : greek for sexual
    Philos: greek for friendship
    Agape: unconditional

most gays have Eros or Philos love....
    or else it's just lust.

I'm sorry that sounds harsh but honestly not many christians want to admit that God's word is more stricter on the homosexuality thing than they'd like to admit.
    God doesn't hate them..he hates their sin okay...

major difference there.
    Sorry if i come off rude or mean i just hate how christians try to dress up the word of God and then confuse people in the process or polute God's word.