+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hacked hotmail

Default Hacked hotmail

Ok, I know there's almost no hope of getting back my hacked hotmail account but is there anyway I can contact my, er, contacts and tell them it's not me using it anymore?

Set up a new email and email your contacts?
    Yeah you know I love you babe.

I got all things that are good

Not a bad idea
    except I had 230ish contacts and surprisingly enough I don't remember all their e-mail addresses

Quote Originally Posted by kenifh
    Not a bad idea
    except I had 230ish contacts and surprisingly enough I don't remember all their e-mail addresses
    Hi there I do a lot of bad stuff on cyberspace basically I am a (****) what you need is advice why you got your msn account hacked in fact one of your friends played trick on you, did you that there software that copy the stored pass words of your account to the intended hacker. Or should we call it so called hacker, you can try mailing Microsoft as they have the power to overtake your account but be careful one of your friends is a foe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos
    My Bush?

I think that'd be a *****, not a book on the US Presidency.

Maybe Clinton's though.

I GUARANTEE IT Epsilon-Hyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by interseptor
    Hi there I do a lot of bad stuff on cyberspace basically I am a (****) what you need is advice why you got your msn account hacked in fact one of your friends played trick on you, did you that there software that copy the stored pass words of your account to the intended hacker. Or should we call it so called hacker, you can try mailing Microsoft as they have the power to overtake your account but be careful one of your friends is a foe.
    You're an idiot.

As for the "hacking", a: please don't use the term hack. Your password was guessed. b: in the future, keep backups of your contact list.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon-Hyperion
    You're an idiot.

As for the "hacking", a: please don't use the term hack. Your password was guessed. b: in the future, keep backups of your contact list.
    b. has been noted and I will do it
    as regards a., hack is the correct term, hacking is gaining unauthorised access to data held on a computer system. Although you are right to say that on this occasion, the password was guessed.

Always save your contact list. It is definitely a life saver. It happened to me, too. But I saved my contact list so all I had to do was import contact list to my new account and had no problems

b. has been noted and I will do it
    as regards a., hack is the correct term, hacking is gaining unauthorised access to data held on a computer system. Although you are right to say that on this occasion, the password was guessed.
    Actually, it's not the right term. The correct term is cracked. Hacking is modifying something from it's original form, for instance, I would hack a mail server so that it pipelines through 2 connections to send/recieve mail quicker.

Cracking is doing bad stuff...like cracking a mail server's sysadmin password so that it lets me get access to everyone's mail.

Edit: Also, keylogging is a definite possibility, however social engineering (talking to you to guess the right information to "recover" your password) is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by dmacdonald95
    Actually, it's not the right term. The correct term is cracked. Hacking is modifying something from it's original form, for instance, I would hack a mail server so that it pipelines through 2 connections to send/recieve mail quicker.

Cracking is doing bad stuff...like cracking a mail server's sysadmin password so that it lets me get access to everyone's mail.

Edit: Also, keylogging is a definite possibility, however social engineering (talking to you to guess the right information to "recover" your password) is more likely.
    OK, 1) legally, it's hacking
    2) When I contacted those nice people at microsoft, I was given only the option of hacked account
    3) Don't even try to tell me that it isn't what it is, I might have had my account hacked (and yes, I will keep on using that term) but it doesn't mean I'm stupid, I've studied computing and IT. Most people don't know the difference between them. In both books though, the same sentence is there, and I quote "hacking is defined as unauthorised access to data held on a computer system."

I GUARANTEE IT Epsilon-Hyperion's Avatar

2) When I contacted those nice people at microsoft, I was given only the option of hacked account
    3) Don't even try to tell me that it isn't what it is, I might have had my account hacked (and yes, I will keep on using that term) but it doesn't mean I'm stupid, I've studied computing and IT. Most people don't know the difference between them. In both books though, the same sentence is there, and I quote "hacking is defined as unauthorised access to data held on a computer system."
    1: Legally it's electronic intrusion or trespassing

2: Because Microsoft just offers the best3est customer service in the world, yessiree...

3: TOO LATE, we already told you. Those books were probably wrote or edited by people who can't tell the difference. Most people can't tell the difference between two of a lot of things...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia Hacker Article
    A hacker is a person who creates and modifies computer software and computer hardware, including computer programming, administration, and security-related items
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia Cracker Disambiguation
    Cracker (computing), a person who engages in illegal system cracking or software cracking, circumventing computer security systems; also known as a black hat hacker
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTarget
    If I were forced to define the terms hacker and cracker, my bottom line would probably be this:

A hacker is a person intensely interested in the arcane and recondite workings of any computer operating system. Hackers are most often programmers...Hackers constantly seek further knowledge, freely share...never intentionally damage data.

A cracker is one who breaks into or otherwise violates the system integrity of remote machines with malicious intent...Crackers can easily be identified because their actions are malicious.
    http://searchwindowssecurity.techtar...998037,00.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley University
    a hacker is "a person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary."...people who used their knowledge of computers to break into other people's systems to steal data and passwords and wreak havoc.

Old-time hackers who do not condone such behavior refer to these intruders as crackers
    http://journalism.berkeley.edu/proje...ve/001168.html
    Eat that.